Monday 19 April 2010

Sabbath Reading


What books do you read when you are chilling out or when you go on holiday?

I should be telling you that I only read the Bible or books by John Wesley, but I have to admit that on this Monday I read the newspaper and I started reading 'Spud - learning to fly!' Yes, I know that these don't sound too 'classic', but it has been good to laugh (reading Spud) and cry (reading the paper)!

My 'days off' also include reading a portion of Scripture and my devotion for this morning (Proverbs 1) was deeply profound. Read it if you get a chance...

..."The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." - Proverbs 1:7

If you have a moment, please answer the question I started off with - I would love to hear from you.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

2 comments:

Quin said...

I'm not much of a reader but a friend of mine lent me a book by Gary Chapman entitled, The Five love Languages..
www.5lovelanguages.com

it's an easy read with observations that highlight where a lot of us go wrong in relationships.
I have learnt much from the book already and haven't finished yet.

blessings

Delme Linscott said...

Awesome book Quin,
I recommend it to everyone, not just couples.
Hope it gives you insight!!
Blessings
Delme