Friday 16 February 2018

38 - Will God dump you?

"Don’t dump me, God;
    my God, don’t stand me up.
Hurry and help me;
    I want some wide-open space in my life!" - Psalm 38:21-22

For all of us who have a broken heart before, we can relate to the words of David in Psalm 38. It is almost as if he recognises the signs before him and that God has slowly become a distant companion - the silence has become deafening for him. David fears the worst and so he pleads with God not to dump him - not to stand him up.

And yet, earlier on in the same Psalm, David answered his own question in a way when he wrote:

"Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God." - Psalm 38:15

He knows that God won't dump him and won't leave him hanging. God will hear his cry and will answer him in time. And that promise is the same for us today.

Prayer: Thank you Lord that you don't stand us up! When you commit yourself to us, that is your true covenant. You will not leave us to find someone else - you are a faithful God.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: