Wednesday 30 May 2012

Hand of blessing

Our experiences can shape our mindset in a powerful way. Just ask someone who has come from an abusive relationship. They will tell you that a 'hand' has the power to love or destroy.

In light of this, it is easy to read the Scriptures with our own bias or experiences clouding the real message. Take for example, Psalm 139:5. In the NIV translation, part of this verse reads, "you have laid your hand upon me." Now, it is easy to see how for some people, this could be troublesome - the last time anyone laid a hand on them, it was in an aggressive way.

However, this is not what the Scripture is saying and we could miss the true gift in this verse. The New Living Translation opens the verse up like this...

"You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head." - Psalm 139:5

Wow, it is speaking of God's hand of blessing. That is well worth receiving, I hope?!

May God be with you today and may His hands of blessing be upon you.

As I am coming up to my 1000th blog post, I am going to ask you all a favour tomorrow. Please answer tomorrow's blog post if you can. Thanks. 

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: