Monday 21 May 2012

Changed forever

Today (21 May 1738) is remembered as the day that Charles Wesley moved from a 'legalistic' outlook of his faith to a spirit-filled evangelical faith. In other words, his faith become deeply real for him this day. It no longer seemed a chore or burden for him, but a unrelenting passion to serve Jesus. As a result we were blessed by the incredible song writing ability of Charles Wesley - he wrote over 6000 hymns. That is awesome!

Have you been changed by the Spirit of the living God or is your faith still mundane, routine and insignificant in your life? If it is, perhaps you need to spend some time with your Living God - faith was never meant to be dull. Start by praying this prayer:

"Living Lord Jesus, my faith has fallen into a rut and I don't know how to get out. I admit that I have lost my passion to spend time with you and to put you first in my life. From this day on, I resolve to give you my full heart, not just the leftovers. Come and move in my life today. Amen."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

1 comment:

Winter said...

I love the story of the Wesley family. It's one of the first biographies I read after I came to the lord. There is so much encouragement and hope in the testimony of their lives.