Monday 7 December 2009

Lifesong


Last night we had a time of celebration with the 5 young guys who served on our GAP year programme in 2009 - LIFESONG. It was truly inspiring to hear these guys share their testimonies and to see the change in their lives. They took a huge leap in faith and dedicated a year of their lives to serve Christ in the Church.

We named this GAP year programme after the song, 'LIFESONG', from Casting Crowns. The words of this song, speak of making our lives count for Christ & these guys truly lived out these words...

"Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You."


The 5 'Lifesong' guys leave us with the challenge of asking ourselves "Are we giving 100% to Christ?"

Live boldly,
D3LM3

P.S. - Paul, Ross, Stuart, Ty & Quin, you guys rock!

1 comment:

Lynda B said...

To the 5 disciple what an awesome service on Sunday - Well done! may God continue to bless you as you continue to do his work.From one so very proud mom.