Tuesday 8 October 2024

Greater than the angels


The topic of Angels has become quite popular in recent times and of course the Bible refers to angels in many places. In fact, a quick search in BibleGateway will show 290 references to angels. Clearly God used angels as his messengers in many different situations, however the book of Hebrews reminds us that Christ is to be revered more than the angels. 

5 For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus:
“You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.
God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.”
6 And when he brought his supreme Son into the world, God said, 

“Let all of God’s angels worship him.” (Hebrews 1)

Angels were seen as messengers of God, but they are never referred to as family - yet, Jesus is called God's Son. In essence, He is both the Message and the Messenger. 

Thought: Let us remember to give thanks for all God has created, but to worship only the Creator!

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my posts - recently I noted that I have had over One Million views/reads on these posts. A lot of these are from folk like yourself who often read the posts - I truly couldn't do it without your support. Thank you. 

If you feel you would like to contribute towards this ministry, you can do so via my Patreon page. You can just click here to find out how. Thanks. 

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: