Thursday 20 June 2024

Take my hand


There are many stories of how difficult circumstances have birthed songs, books or poems. The songwriter, Thomas Dorsey, wrote the words to "Precious Lord, take my hand", after hearing of the tragic death of his wife and infant son. I can't imagine the pain he must have been experiencing, but I find it remarkable how he was able to put his emotions into these words. I believe that these words can offer us all some hope and courage in our own times of difficulty. 

Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:

Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall:

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river, I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:

Psalm 73:23 - Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: