Tuesday 8 August 2023

How long O Lord must I call for help?



With all that is happening in the world around us, and especially in the Western Cape with the Taxi protests and violence, we can easily identify with the words of Habakkuk: 

"O Lord, how long must I call for help before you will listen? I shout to you in vain; there is no answer. “Help! Murder!” I cry, but no one comes to save. 3 Must I forever see this sin and sadness all around me?

Wherever I look I see oppression and bribery and men who love to argue and to fight. 4 The law is not enforced, and there is no justice given in the courts, for the wicked far outnumber the righteous, and bribes and trickery prevail.

5 The Lord replied: “Look and be amazed! You will be astounded at what I am about to do! For I am going to do something in your own lifetime that you will have to see to believe."
- Habakkuk 2:2-5

Habakkuk's complaint is understandable - when he looked at things that were unjust, wicked and evil, he asked why God didn't seem concerned. 

However, God responds, saying that there will be an answer and that this will take everyone by surprise. The solution will come from an unlikely source. 

Prayer: Lord, we seek a miracle from you in the ongoing strife in our land. As we seek your face, teach us not to lose heart and to trust in your divine wisdom and grace. Amen.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: