Tuesday 25 October 2022

The practise of humility


I shared a lovely piece of writing on Sunday. I was preaching on the theme of humility, and I stumbled across these words from Mother Theresa. I have found them helpful to dwell on. I offer them to you and pray that they may also be a blessing to you.

“These are the few ways we can practice humility:
To speak as little as possible of one's self.
To mind one's own business.
Not to want to manage other people's affairs.
To avoid curiosity.
To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully.
To pass over the mistakes of others.
To accept insults and injuries.
To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked.
To be kind and gentle even under provocation.
Never to stand on one's dignity.
To choose always the hardest.”

Mother Teresa,
The Joy in Loving: A Guide to Daily Living


Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: