Thursday 27 October 2022

Gaze and Glance


A reader once wrote to Joni Eareckson Tada and said:

"Many believers gaze at their problems and glance at the Lord. But I tell you to gaze at the Lord and glance at your problems."

I think this is such fantastic advice. It is not wishing those problems away, or even pretending that they don't exist, but it is teaching us to keep our eyes focused on God - the One who will help us deal with each problem.

Psalm 27:4 - One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 63:2 - I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory.

2 Corinthians 4:18 - So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: