Sunday 16 October 2022

Prone to wander


When Robert Robinson wrote the famous lines of his hymn 'Come now fount of many blessings', I believe he was helping all of us get to grips with the struggles in our faith. Just like the Israelites, we are all prone to wander away from God's ways: 

"Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it—
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above."

The honesty in this verse resonates with me. He is not afraid to admit that there is a tendency for him to drift away from the Lord, but a sincere desire to stay connected to Jesus. 

Can you relate to these words at all?

Romans 7:21-25
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

May God be near to each one of you as you continue to struggle on the path of grace.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: