Tuesday 28 June 2022

Laughing at ourselves


The last 3 books I have finished reading have all taken a lighter look at the church and the 'goings on' inside the Christian community. None of them have been irreligious at all, but have certainly made me laugh and groan at the same time. We are indeed a strange bunch :) 

Each of the authors have taken their own slant on the characters within the stories, but I have certainly been able to laugh at myself and some of the interesting people in the books. I feel that laughter is a great way of drawing aside the curtain and taking a deeper look at myself. Of course, sometimes it makes me feel sad that the church has missed the mark many times, but it also fills me with hope when I see how many people are sincerely seeking to follow Jesus. 

In the end, it is important for all of us to remember that God didn't call a group of perfect disciples to lead the church, but a group of believers who knew that they had to rely on the grace of Christ. 

Psalm 126:2 - We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, “What amazing things the Lord has done for them.”

In case you are wondering which books I have been reading, here they are:

  • Till the Fat Lady Sings - Bob Jackson
  • The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass aged 37 3/4 - Adrian Plass
  • Heavens Doors - Lynda Rose

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: