Monday 3 January 2022

Here I stand - I can do no other!

See the source image

It was on the 3rd January 1521 that Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Church by Pope Leo X. One of the main reasons for this was the way that Luther challenged the official Church doctrine on various issues. He was a man of principles and conviction, which led him to proclaim "Here I stand; I can do no other!" when he was ordered to recant his beliefs.

Although we may not be asked to make the bold stand of Martin Luther, but we will be asked (everyday) to stand for Christ. Sometimes we will face huge uncertainty and maybe even opposition, but we will be ask to commit to Jesus.

Matthew 24:13 - "but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

In what ways are you being asked to stand for Jesus today.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

P.S. If you would like to support my writing ministry, please check out my Patreon site. Thanks for the willingness to support this ministry. All proceeds go towards the writing of new material, as well as making the content/books more affordable for the community. God bless. 

No comments: