Monday 11 October 2021

The discovery of God

Richard J. Foster Quote: “The discovery of God lies in the daily and the  ordinary, not in the spectacular and the heroic. If we cannot find God  in...”

"The discovery of God lies in the daily and the ordinary, not in the spectacular and the heroic. If we cannot find God in the routines of home and shop, then we will not find Him at all." - Richard J. Foster

Thank you for being patient with me as I took a week to be with my family. It was a much needed break. 

These words from Foster reminded me today that too often we seek God only in the spectular and so we miss out encountering God in the ordinary things of life. I believe that God is present with me always, but it is my choice to open my eyes to see his splendour.

1 Chronicles 16:7 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: