Monday 20 September 2021

Falling into the hands of mercy


David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into human hands." (2 Samuel 24:14)

Initially I read this verse very quickly and almost skipped over the essential meaning, but am glad I lingered a little longer. What do you notice when you read it through a few times?

David understands something very profound - that God is way more merciful than many human beings are! I saddened by the judgement that many Christians make of each other, sometimes in very painful ways, yet we easily forget how much mercy we have all received from God. 

I realise I am still a work in progress, but I would rather be judged for being too merciful, than for being too bigoted. Thankfully God will decide our fate and not those who oppose us. 

What do you think?

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: