Monday 28 May 2018

I will not be shaken!

I was privileged to share in a Memorial service today for a wonderful man who lived his life well. He was well respected and admired in the community. Even though his ill health caught him by surprise, he was faithful to God, even until the end. It was interesting that he even prepared his own readings and songs for his memorial service, which is not common nowadays. One of the passages he chose was from Psalm 16, which really spoke to us. If I reflect over the Psalm these are the words that struck me:

"I will bless the Lord who guides me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me." - Psalm 16

Is this my experience of God? Do I remember that God is with me always and that I will not be shaken - no matter what comes my way?

Reflect on these two verses and may God guide you deeper into his Grace.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: