Tuesday 6 June 2017

Don't shoot the messenger

In days gone by, when messages were sent by a 'real' human messenger, it was common for the bearer of bad news to be killed on the spot. Needless to say, there were not queues of people signing up to be messengers for the King. However, in the end, the messenger had to deliver the message, regardless of the outcome.

We are asked to be Messengers of our Lord and King, and sometimes we will get 'shot down' or ridiculed for the message we share. We can plead with people not to "shoot the messenger", but in the end, it is the Good News that needs to reach the ears of all people.

Let us resolve not to worry about the reaction of those to our message - after all, it is the message of the King we are relaying - it is not our own message.

Luke 13:34 - “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.

John 13:20 - "I tell you the truth, anyone who welcomes my messenger is welcoming me, and anyone who welcomes me is welcoming the Father who sent me.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: