Monday 31 October 2016

A New Plan

I had a good plan mapped out for this morning! All was set to GO and I was ready. By the time I got to the second thing on my agenda, my Plan hit some problems. I was frustrated and irritable. But, then I felt the Spirit whisper to me - "Delme, make another plan!"

Of course, I wasn't so keen, because I was prepared for plan A, so thinking about plan B threw me off balance. In the end, adjusting the plan wasn't too bad, I guess, but I realise that I had to be open to 'see' the possibilities of another way. How are you when it comes to making another plan? Do you see the hand of God in the change or do let your frustration get the better of you?

Even God had to make other plans. When the people of Israel failed to keep their end of the covenant deals, God had to make another plan. Eventually, God's grace moved him to offer his son, Jesus as the final plan. This plan will be written on the hearts and souls of all people. See what Hebrews 8 has to say (from the Message)


This new plan I’m making with Israel
    isn’t going to be written on paper,
    isn’t going to be chiseled in stone;
This time I’m writing out the plan in them,
    carving it on the lining of their hearts.
I’ll be their God,
    they’ll be my people.
They won’t go to school to learn about me,
    or buy a book called God in Five Easy Lessons.
They’ll all get to know me first hand,
    the little and the big, the small and the great.
They’ll get to know me by being kindly forgiven,
    with the slate of their sins forever wiped clean.


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: