Monday 14 September 2015

Overcoming failure

It has taken me two years to get the monkey off my back, but on Saturday I finally managed to conquer a challenge that has been bugging me. In 2013, I attempted to ride the Hill2Hill (half distance) bike race and it was something I had never done before. In hindsight, I hadn't trained as much as I could have and I was ill in the week before the race. Well, as you may remember I had to bail around the 30km mark and it left me feeling disappointed.

I don't like the taste of failure - I am not sure there are many of us who do - and so I have lived with that nagging sense of "failure" for 2 years now. I can't tell you the elation I felt on Saturday when I crossed the finish line and to top it off I was feeling great! I am grateful to my friends and team-mates who encouraged me across that finish line.

So, here is my observation on this:
Failure doesn't have to define you. 
Failure doesn't have to be the last word spoken from a particular experience.
Failure is not fatal.

When God is in our lives, He is able to transform anything into something worthwhile. Well, that is what I believe!

Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. 

James 5:11 - As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

So, DON'T Give up!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: