Sunday 14 December 2014

Discovering Happiness

My friend Collin preached on "Finding Happiness" this morning and one of the questions he asked was, "What makes you happy?" It is interesting that while many people think that spending money on "things" will make them happy, most of us realise (deep down) that it is relationships that make us feel the most content and happy.

I agree with that. It is my relationships with my family and friends that make me the most happy. I feel blessed to be part of a family and to be loved by them. And I feel blessed to have friends who stand alongside me and support me in my life.

Ultimately I feel honoured to be loved by God and to be in a relationship with God. There is nothing else that comes close to satisfying our deepest longings.

Why spend money on what is not bread,
    and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
    and you will delight in the richest of fare.
Give ear and come to me;
    listen, that you may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
    my faithful love promised to David.
See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
    a ruler and commander of the peoples.
Surely you will summon nations you know not,
    and nations you do not know will come running to you,
because of the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel,
    for he has endowed you with splendor.”

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
    call on him while he is near." - Isaiah 55:2-6

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: