Tuesday 19 October 2010

Priorities


Do we say 'Yes' to easily or are there times when we don't say 'Yes' enough? Trying to decide which things in our lives are the most important is always tricky and we will all have different criteria for this.

Too be honest, sometimes I feel that I have said 'Yes' too much and then when I start to feel drained I begin to need a break. It has become like an inbuilt 'warning light' for me. When the 'light' flashes I need to re-look at my priorities.

Here are some things I am finding helpful in trying to prioritise. Use them or make your own list - But all I pray is that we would think through this subject.

1. How do you sort out who/what's important in your life?
2. Does this then reflect in your diary/calendar?
3. Where does God fit into this list? How does this show?
4. Remember that other people will always have an agenda for your life - we can't say 'Yes' to everyone.
5. Is my 'Yes' adding value to people, projects, church (etc) or should someone else be saying 'Yes?'

Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Ask God to help you discern what are the important things to say 'Yes' to.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: