Tuesday 24 August 2010

Bird Song


What normally wakes you up in the mornings? For me, it is usually one of two things. Either it is one of my boys coming into the room to announce they are awake or else it is my phone alarm. Usually the alarm is only set us a back up, because most often my boys 'beat' the alarm hands down.

However, this morning things took a strange turn. It was not the boys or the alarm that woke me, but rather it was the sound of birds singing. Wow, what a way to wake up. I thought I was still dreaming, but I soon realised that the birds were real! They must have been excited about the rain. Spring is almost here.

Ecclesiastes 12:4 - "...when men rise up at the sound of birds."

One more thing. The amazing thing about the birds this morning is that they were singing after the rain and even when it was still dark. Their voices carried a message of hope - the dawn is upon us and the light is pushing back the darkness.

"Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?" - Rose Kennedy

Have a blessed day.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

Don Scrooby said...

Every morning we wake up to the sound of the what some describe as the harsh sound of the Hadedas. Certainly not harsh for us - just a lovely sound to wake up to.