Thursday 6 August 2009

Where does your help come from?


I was reminded in my devotion this morning of how many pagans (in Biblical times) used to hide their idols in the mountains. They would either go to the mountain shrines to worship their gods or would look up towards the mountain from their homes. Isaiah spoke out against the futility of this:

"The people of Moab wear themselves out going to their mountain shrines and to their temples to pray, but it will do them no good." - Isaiah 16:12

Having gods all over the place does us no good - it only wears us out. We can't find our true help and salvation from these man-made 'idols.' This is why David wrote these words in Psalm 121:

"I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."


May we turn to the real GOD today. Only His grace can sustain us.

Living in His grace,
D3LM3

No comments: