Saturday, 3 October 2026

What is our motive?


What is our motive in spending time in prayer? Listen to these words and see if something resonates with you?

"Lord, I will not have as my motive the desire to be known as a praying person. I will seek an inner chamber in which to pray, where no one knows that I am praying, and I will shut the door and talk to You, God, in secret. I will have no other motive than to know You, my Father in heaven. It is impossible to conduct my life as a disciple without definite times of secret prayer." - Oswald Chambers

So, what is my motive? I trust that I will have no motive other than to know God!

John 17:3 - And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: