Monday 16 September 2024

Generations come and go



"Generations come, generations go, but the earth remains forever.
The sun rises, the sun sets;
then it speeds to its place and rises there.
The wind blows south,
then it turns north;
the wind blows all around
and keeps returning to its rounds.
All the rivers flow to the sea,
yet the sea is not full;
to the place where the rivers flow,
there they keep on flowing."
- Ecclesiastes 1:4-7 (Complete Jewish Bible)

As we take a few moments to ponder these words from Ecclesiastes we are reminded of some wonderful truths:

People come and go, but God remains forever.
God directs the winds, and we have no control of the weather.
The balance of the sea, land and rivers, is so precise that it shouts to us: "God is a genius!"

The older I get, the more I admit that I actually comprehend so very little. This is indeed humbling. It reminds me that I am not in control, but that I can surrender my life to the One who is in control.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: