Tuesday 23 January 2024

A thoughtful prayer from Alan Paton

 


Below is a prayer from Alan Paton. I trust that you will find it helpful for today.

"Lord, open my eyes that I may see the needs of others,
Open my ears that I may hear their cries,
Open my heart so that they need not be without relief.
Let me not be afraid to defend the weak, because of the anger of the strong,
not afraid to defend the poor, because of the anger of the rich.

Show me where love and hope and faith are needed,
and use me to bring them to these places.
Open my eyes and ears that I may, this coming day,
be able to do some work of peace for You."

Habakkuk 3:2 - Lord, I have heard of your renown, and I stand in awe, O Lord, of your work. In our own time revive it; in our own time make it known; in wrath may you remember mercy.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: