Friday 21 July 2023

A new proverb


How do you handle delays? I am not the most patient, especially when it comes to things that I hoped would happen in a certain timeframe. In the book of Ezekiel, we see that the prophet offers a new proverb to the people of Israel, and it concerns the issue of 'delays' and the fulfilment of prophecy:

"Again a message came to me from the Lord: “Son of man, you’ve heard that proverb they quote in Israel: ‘Time passes, and prophecies come to nothing.’ Tell the people, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will put an end to this proverb, and you will soon stop quoting it.’ 

Now give them this new proverb to replace the old one: ‘The time has come for every prophecy to be fulfilled!’

“There will be no more false visions and flattering predictions in Israel. For I am the Lord! If I say it, it will happen."
- Ezekiel 12:21-25

We are reminded that although we have to endure frustrations and delays in our personal plans on this earth, God's plans will be accomplished without delay!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: