Wednesday 21 June 2023

Singing in the dark



"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely." -
Psalm 59:16-17

You can only sing of God's strength if you have witnessed his saving power at some point. Even though King David was facing one of his sternest tests, he was able to boldly proclaim that he trusted in God to be his fortress and refuge.

Whatever you may be facing at the moment, remember God's great goodness in the past and then trust him for what lies in the future. 

I guess it is sometimes like singing in the dark. We don't sing because we can see all around us - we sing because of who lives inside of us. 

"I will sing of your love" (v.16)

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

No comments: