Wednesday 10 May 2023

Supreme happiness comes from this ...


"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that one is loved; loved for oneself or better yet, loved despite oneself." - Victor Hugo

These words ring true for the Christian as we remember that we are the 'beloved of God.' We are God's children, not because of anything we have done, but thanks to God's boundless mercy and love. It is from this starting point that we recognise that we are loved beyond measure. 

Matthew 12:18 - “Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen. He is my Beloved, who pleases me. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Thought: 
Beloved means 'loved much' or 'greatly loved.' However, if we split the word into two, then it could read "Be loved." This is perhaps the hardest thing for most of us to accept - that we are truly loved by God. Our sin sometimes prevents us from accepting our belovedness.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: