Thursday 17 November 2022

A lamp that lights the way


"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." - Psalm 119:105 (NIV)

"By your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path" (Message)

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." (NLT)

No matter what version you read this verse in, it says the same thing. God's Word sheds just enough light for us to take small steps of faith. And this is all that we need at the moment. 

The circle of light, that would be cast from an ancient oil lamp, wouldn't have been close to the brightness of our modern LED lights, but they would have offered sufficient light to give the 'holder' confidence to step forward.

As we turn to God's Word, his wisdom and guidance, shine enough light for us to walk in faith. We can't see the whole pathway, but we can trust that God will lead us down the path, step-by-step.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: