Monday 11 July 2022

Running from God


“He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day.” ― John Bunyan 

I have found this sentiment to be so true in my personal experience. Bunyan advocates for spending time with the Lord in the mornings, before the day gets too hectic and the demands of life weigh us down. 

I know that it is not always practical for some people, especially when there are children in the household. However, the overriding principle of spending 'some' time with the Lord during the day is crucial and as long as we do it, then we will feel connected with our Lord. 

Psalm 5:3 - In the morningLord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

What time of the day do you find best to sit quietly with the Lord? 

Closing thought: It is a worthwhile practise to offer God the day before it unfolds.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: