Tuesday 5 April 2022

Whose way is the best?


I was reminded again this week of a wonderful promise of God and how I am often blind to the ways of our Father. When things don't seem to be working out as I think they should, I am easily tempted to feel frustrated and disillusioned. However, God has already given us these words as wise guidance:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Here is another way of putting this same truth.

“I don’t think the way you think.
    The way you work isn’t the way I work.”
        God’s Decree.
“For as the sky soars high above earth,
    so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
    and the way I think is beyond the way you think. (Eugene Peterson)

My humble advice to us all is to rather trust in God's ways - they are better than our own.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: