Thursday 17 June 2021

Remember when we were young


For many of us we have fond memories of our Youth. Sure there would have been some tough times, but on the whole, being young was great. As we reflect on the importance and significance of Youth Day in South Africa I wrestle with finding the right 'ingredients' to pass onto my own children and the youth in our community. We have no idea what the future holds for any of us, but the world seems to be getting more and more complicated with each passing year. 

I came across these words from Franklin Roosevelt, which I feel are a helpful starting point:

"We cannot always build the future for our youth,
but we can build our youth for the future."

I love this. I reminds me that we can instill values and principles in our children that will prepare them for the future, no matter what it looks like. As Christians this obviously means we need to teach them the ways of Jesus and trust that they find their direction, hope and strength from God.

If you have a moment read through Ecclesiastes 12 to see what the teacher said about being young. 

What do you think?

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: