Friday 20 October 2017

Red means GO!

I don't want to exaggerate, but I think I witnessed around 8 people 'jumping' red traffic lights today. And this was at 8 different times in the day and at different intersections. Each time I just shook my head and wondered when this will ever stop. Look, I have been through a few yellow/red robots in my life and so I am wary of being judgemental, but these people were going through RED, RED traffic lights - after everyone else had stopped already. Sadly, I think it won't stop, but it just reminds me of how easy we get used to sin.

We start by speeding up when we see the lights change yellow.
We then start jumping the yellow all the time.
Yellow becomes just like green for us.
Then after a while, we speed up when we see the yellow change to red.
Then we start jumping reds more often.
Then we try and nip into the left/right lane while our light is red, before the cars reach us.
Then ....

Sadly, we may only change our behaviour when we get smacked by another car or we kill someone else. But by then, sin has taken its hold on us and we are comfortable living in our sin.

Romans 6:12 -  "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires."

Makes me think!

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: