Thursday 26 October 2017

Master or Servant

When you are 'out and about' today take note of how people are interacting with their Cellphones. It is a very interesting exercise. The thought that popped into my mind this morning was this: "Am I using my phone as something to serve my purposes and to make my life easier, or have I became a servant/slave to my phone." In essence am I the master or servant in this new relationship?

The thing is that phones are here to stay, even if we don't like it, but we need to wrestle with the role that they play in our lives. If we can learn to remain in charge and to use the device for our purposes, then they will remain an integral part of our daily interactions. However, if they start to demand more and more of my time and eventually 'call all the shots', then I need to recognise I have a problem.

What do you think?

Luke 16:13 - “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money (or perhaps cell phones)."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: