Tuesday 21 February 2012

New eyes


I have been enjoying reading the Bible with new insight over the past week or so. As a preacher I often fall into the trap of reading the Bible for others - by this I mean, I read and prepare a message in order to pass on some insight to our faith community. However, there are times when I need to read the Bible for myself ONLY. It is hard to separate the two forms of Bible study, but the 40 Days in the Word series is helping me to do this.

Here are some of the readings from Philippians that have struck a chord with me this week:

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." - Philippians 1:27

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' - Philippians 4:13 (this was the very first verse I ever memorised as a baby-Christian)

Tell me your story...

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: