Tuesday 5 April 2011

Frozen Snowball!


I stumbled across this story the other day - I absolutely love it:

"Baseball pitcher Tug McGraw had a wonderful philosophy of pitching. He called it his frozen snowball theory.
"If I come in to pitch with the bases loaded," Tug explained," and heavy hitter Willie Stargell is at bat, there's no reason I want to throw the ball. But eventually I have to pitch. So I remind myself that in a few billion years the earth will become a frozen snowball hurtling through space, and nobody's going to care what Willie Stargell did with the bases loaded!" - Our Daily Bread, July 26, 1994.

I am not sure if the world is really going to be a 'frozen snowball', but this stories challenges me on this thought:
Sometimes our fear of the future prevents us from enjoying the abundant life God has given us in the present.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: