Thursday 14 April 2011

Faith or sight?




If I asked you all to raise your hands if you knew the following Scripture, most of you would be sheepishly raising a hand right now. This is the verse...



"We live by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7



The trouble with me is, is that I seem to be set to the default setting of 'faith by sight.' I may go to sleep living by faith, but somehow I wake up ready to operate by sight. In other words, I have to remind myself that God is calling me (on a daily basis) to renew my faith in Him. That means that whatever I need to tackle today will require an attitude of faith. If I can 'see' how something will end up, before I trust God in it, then I have not walked by faith. I have then put my trust in things I can see and know, instead of the person of God.



What about you - walking by sight or faith?

Just asking...



Living in Grace,

D3LM3

No comments: