Thursday 20 November 2008

Is God trying to tell me something?

Ok, so you know that sometimes God is pretty silent (or at least that's how it seems)? Other times, He speaks so loudly, that any person would be able to sense that He was talking to them. Well, He has been trying to get a message through to me over the last few days and it all links up with David and Goliath. I preached on the text from 1 Samuel 17 last Sunday; it was used in the Children's ministry session also (without me knowing); yesterday I attended my father-in-law's induction service and the preacher used the same text; today I have looked at my devotion and guess what scripture passage has come up? Yep, David and Goliath. So Lord, I am listening! What is it you want me to hear? 4 times in 4 days, the same text - WOW, even I am not that stupid to block my ears. Maybe it has something to do with a verse in 1 Samuel 16:7 - "The Lord doesn't see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." Maybe, it has to do with the 'Giants' that lie before me? Speak to me, Lord! In the meantime, I will just put one foot in front of the next and Live in your Grace.
D3LM3

No comments: