Wednesday 27 December 2017

Wind at your back

"May the wind be always at your back."
I never fully understood the impact of these words from the old Irish Blessing, until I began to run around Fish Hoek. Some days I can find myself really straining against the wind whilst on a jog, but then I turn down a side street and suddenly the wind is blowing on my back. Wow, it makes a world of difference. It almost feels as if the wind carries you along the road and the journey feels much more pleasant.

So, in light of this, I pray that we would all experience the wind upon our backs and that God would carry you along your journey. I realise that their will be times of strain and struggle ahead, but may most of our days we 'running with the wind.'

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: