Monday 17 August 2015

Heads Up!

We use this saying when we want people to notice something or when we desire to get their attention. For example we may say the following: 
"I am giving you a Heads up that the sale ends on Friday." - This gives the other person a warning that the sale is coming to an end and that we need to make a plan to get there.

Often we are so caught up or distracted with our commitments that we need a reminder or Heads Up! In the Bible, God gives the Israelites a heads up when he urges them....

Deuteronomy 32:46 - “Take to heart all the words of warning I have given you today. Pass them on as a command to your children so they will obey every word of these instructions.

Psalm 81:8 - “Listen to me, O my people, while I give you stern warnings. O Israel, if you would only listen to me!

But sadly, we are often not always eager to listen to the warnings God gives us - we think we know better. As Solomon puts it:

Proverbs 5:12 -You will say, “How I hated discipline! If only I had not ignored all the warnings!
What 'Heads up' is the spirit giving to us today? Will we listen to this warning or do we think we know better?
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: