Wednesday 29 July 2009

When I run...


Today has been one of those days where I have felt that I have been "running" from one thing to the next. I am sure we can all relate to days like this!? I know that sometimes they happen more often than we would like them to, but it is not always easy to slow 'Life' down.

Anyway, here is the thing - whilst, I have been "running" today I have had the words from Eric Liddell (the guy from Chariots of Fire) going through my mind. When asked about his Athletics and why he takes part in these events, he replied: "When I run, I feel God's pleasure."

He was speaking about Athletics, but I was struck by a different slant on his words -"When I am running around doing ministry, do I feel God's pleasure?" Ouch, that is a tough one. Being 'busy' is sometimes our way of making ourselves feel important. My prayer is that when I am 'running' all over the place that I would be doing it for a Godly purpose and not just to fill my own ego-tank.

Peace be with you.

Running in Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. Check out more on Eric Liddell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Liddell

No comments: