Monday 4 March 2024

Wrestling with God

 


"So, Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” 

But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
- Genesis 32:24-26

I have always been fascinated by this account in Genesis and it reminds me of how often we wrestle with God in prayer. Of course, we don't always seem to get the outcome that Jacob received, but I feel that our willingness to wrestle with God reveals our desire to be heard and understood. 

Jon Acuff says: "Wrestling with God is a sign of intimacy. You can't wrestle with someone you are far away from." 

Are you wrestling with God at the moment? What is it you are asking from the Lord?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: