Monday 8 May 2017

Changing others is not easy



"Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be." -Thomas a'Kempis.

We are often frustrated at how slowly other people are willing to change, but we forget how resistant we are to change. The changes we need to make in our lives are equally 'slow' for those who love us, or those who have to work with us. Paul understands our human nature well when he writes:

 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" - Romans 7

We should ask ourselves this question today:

What needs to change in me? 

Once we have been honest with that question, then we can begin to point out the faults in others.

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

No comments: