Saturday 29 April 2017

Help

One of the regrets of people who are in the caring professions (I will include Pastors in this bracket for today) is that we can't help everyone. It is always my desire to try and help as many people as possible, but inevitably I will disappoint someone. I have learnt to stop beating myself up about this, but it does make me disappointed in myself at times. 
 
The reality is that there will always be something "unfinished" and we have to trust in God's provision for all people. Thankfully, the Lord gives us ALL a helper - the Holy Spirit - and He is with us always. 
 
John 14:16 - "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever."
 
Psalm 10:12 -"Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless."

Psalm 18:6 - "In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."

I like the quote from Ronald Reagan, which is attached - "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."

Who is your "Someone" today?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: