Tuesday 30 August 2016

God will not reject ...

Many people have this notion of God as someone who is mean and nasty or as a Divine Overlord. I have to confess that there was a time in my faith where I wondered if God was playing games with my soul, but I have thankfully come to understand that God is not like that. In his song of confession, David makes an powerful statement of God's gracious nature, when he writes:

"The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit, 
You will NOT REJECT a broken and repentant heart, O God." - Psalm 51:17

In other words - David sees God as someone who is compassionate and willing to embrace us, especially when we show remorse for our sins. If we come to the Lord, acknowledging our need of forgiveness and mercy, then God will display grace and love to us.

Don't be afraid to come into the presence of Jesus today. God knows your heart and he will welcome you back into his arms.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: