Monday 22 September 2014

Fantastic prayer to share...

"Help me Lord, to remember that religion is not to be confined to the church, or closet, 
nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in thy presence.
So may my every word and action have a moral content...
May all the happenings of my life prove useful and beneficial to me.
May all things instruct me and afford me an opportunity of exercising some virtue 
and daily learning and growing toward thy likeness. Amen." - Susanna Wesley

I love these words. They speak to me of an incredible depth of faith and of a broader understanding of following Jesus. Too often we fall into the trap of thinking that faith is only played out during a church service or at a bible study. We believe that the rest of the week is time to do "life" and that we can look forward to our "religious moment" on a Sunday.

God is interested in every part of our lives and God wants us to allow His spirit to permeate our daily living.

2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.

Worth thinking about and even worth praying Susanna's prayer!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: