Sunday 31 March 2013

I Believe

I Believe in the Resurrection!
I know that for many people it is far-fetched and they can't get their heads around it, but I know in my Spirit that Jesus is Alive. The Resurrection is one of the most powerful truths in our Christian faith and in order for us to fully believe it, we need FAITH.

And what is more, would a movement (Christianity) spread so far and wide, and last for so long, if it were based upon mere human schemes or planning? Of course not. Would men and women be willing to die for a fraud or trickster - I know that I wouldn't. Yet, how is it so, that billions of people have experienced the touch of a Risen Saviour? It is a mystery, I know, but that doesn't mean that it isn't true. Just because my little mind can't explain it, doesn't mean that God didn't do it.

He is Risen! Jesus lives! Hallelujah.

Here is the expression of our Faith. This creed has helped Christians down the ages hold onto their belief and express the core statements of our Faith:



I believe in God, the Father almighty, 
creator of heaven and earth. 
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord, 
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, 
born of the Virgin Mary, 
suffered under Pontius Pilate, 
was crucified, died, and was buried; 
he
descended to the dead. 
On the third day he rose again; 
he ascended into heaven, 
he is seated at the right hand of the Father, 
and he will come again to judge the living and the dead. 
I believe in the Holy Spirit, 
the holy catholic church, 
the communion of saints, 
the forgiveness of sins, 
the resurrection of the body, 
and the life everlasting. AMEN.

Live in his grace today and always.
D3LM3

No comments: