Wednesday 28 September 2016

Looking beyond


"Trusting God means looking beyond what we can see to what God sees." - Charles Stanley

My vision of the future is very limited. I can only see "so far" and this limits my ability to trust in the Lord. When I can see how things will work out in the future, then I settle into a place of trusting in my abilities to make things work out. However, when the future is blurry, then I have to trust in the Lord.

So, I guess that sometimes "Not knowing" is the starting point of putting our faith into practice. It teaches us to rely on the goodness of God and in trusting that God will make things work out for us.

Psalm 56:4When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. I’m proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. (The Message)

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: