Wednesday 23 March 2016

The heart of God

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing." - Matthew 23:37

This verse shows me the true heart of God. Jesus longs to gather us together as his children, but we often choose to go our own way. It is my prayer that we will be moved to trust in Jesus over this Easter period and to believe in his loving hand. When he wants to gather us together, it is not to be over-bearing and controlling, but rather to protect us.

"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me,
    for in you I take refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
    until the disaster has passed." - Psalm 57:1

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: